Sunday, October 30, 2011

Project 3 Draft


My project has over-gone a few revisions, but holds a few similar characteristics. Instead of a water bottle, my project now focuses on a can of soda. There is normally soda at parties, especially for those under the drinking age. I wanted to use beer at first, but soda is more readily available and legal for me to buy. I want to capture the essence of fun and parties popped into my head. The next drink in terms of usage in parties aside from alcohol is soda. I want to get sounds of the when a can of soda is first opened with the metal tab being pushed in and the fizz of the carbonated liquid fizzing. Sounds of it being poured into a cup can be used. I'm going to have background noise incorporated into the piece. It'll be sounds of people clinking their cans together and having a good time. I plan to end it similar to how it started with one last can being opened.

One problem that quickly arose was the actual object I was using. I wanted to use a two liter bottle of Coca-Cola at first. However, the problem was that I couldn't envision how the speakers would be incorporate
d into the item. The width of the bottle is pretty much the same width of the speakers, but the bottle rounds out unlike the speakers. There would be a big gap between where the bottle begins to round and the actual speakers.

Wanting to avoid this problem, I decided to focus of soda cans. The main difference between soda cans that can solve this issue is that they come in boxes. I can turn the box into the speakers with a speaker on each side. Aesthetically, I don't know if I should include a can or not. I was thinking of attaching cans onto the top of the box, but I don't know if that would help at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment